Commences in September 2018.
The Taiji Shibashi Instructor course is designed to provide a more profound, experiential, knowledge of the Shibashi as well as all the tools and information needed to teach these exercises as true Qigong (Certificated by the San Bao Martial Arts School). Anyone can mimic the movements of these exercises but without knowledge and experience of the Internal workings they are no more than slow aerobics.
The Shibashi, also referred to as the Eighteen Postures of Taiji Qigong, is a set of Qigong exercises that utilise Taiji stances and adhere to the rules governing them. These stances are fundamentally important if the practitioner wishes to get the most out of the Qigong.
Since this set of exercises was introduced, in the early 1980′s, the adherence to the Taiji stances has been lost and their true use as Qigong has been watered down. This has led to the depletion of the true beneficial qualities of these exercises. The Yi guides the Qi through focus (Jing) and it is only when this happens that “slow aerobics” become Qigong. Yes the Qi will still move with the watered down versions but Qi moves whatever exercise you do………….. However, this does not make every exercise a Qigong exercise.
A certificate, from San Bao Martial Arts, will be provided to participants who successfully complete the Shibashi Instructor course. We recommend that participants attend our Taiji Shibashi Qigong workshops, to familiarise themselves with the Shibashi, prior to doing this course.
Feedback from previous Shibashi Instructor courses
- Did the workshop meet your expectations? – 100% Yes.
- Did the workshop cover the syllabus? – 100% Yes.
- Were the methods taught useful? – 100% Yes.
- Would you recommend this workshop? – 100% Yes.
Did you discover any new insights regarding Qigong?
- “I discovered that qigong was more powerful than I had ever imagined.”
- “My own energy.”
- “Yes. The reasoning, the stance.”
- “Importance of the stance.”
- “Yes. Internal exercises. Linking the exercises.”
- “……………… just wanted to thank you for a wonderful weekend. It was brilliant, I really enjoyed it. I gained much more than I expected to. Thanks for opening my eyes.”
- “Attending this Workshop was a very motivational experience; an exercise of discovery providing a brief insight into the amazing power of QiGong. I would recommend this inspirational workshop to all who have an interest in QiGong”
- “I discovered that qigong was more powerful than I had ever imagined. An excellent weekend and I learned so much more about myself that can be brought into my classes, I now feel more confident that I can deliver qigong more effectively to my students and also enjoy the benefits for myself, thank you so much.”
- “I am so glad that I made the decision to attend a truly inspirational workshop and to have benefited from an introduction to the amazing powers of QiGong. I am aware that we only experienced an ‘insight’ but even so I consider that I am now in a better position to pass on quality teaching to my students, and having been an FE Lecturer for many years, I believe delivering quality is of paramount importance.
I also thank you (and your wife) for your hospitality in providing delicious lunches and snacks – greatly appreciated!”
- “Just thought I should send you a wee message to let you know how much doing the Qigong instructors course has helped me personally. I had just started 4th year at Uni when I came on the course. Uni has been horrendous and a few times it has been bad enough to make me consider leaving but doing Qigong has been a life saver. It has got me through some very tough times.
Big thank you to you for teaching me this beautiful art. Qigong had definitely came into my life at the right time.”
- “Thanks des. Really exceeded expectations. Will take time to assimilate the information properly before introducing to my classes.”
- “Really interesting weekend – it has inspired me to continue on my path for which I thank you so much.”
- “Learning about Chi and feeling the Chi was an experience.”
- “Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.”
- “Thank you Des. Really enjoyed the workshop and your style of teaching the group.”
- “Excellent instructor, easily understood, good analysis, some helpful tips and suggestions. Thank you.”
- “Really interesting course. Made me want to learn more about he background and how move have different effects on the various parts of the body.”
- “Felt better about the postures and learning to be aware about the postures.”
- “This has been a truly wonderful course.”
- “A brilliant training course.”
Post Course Feedback
- “I have some interesting news with regard to Shibashi. In the course of providing therapies I came across several clients that had experienced vertigo travel sickness and labyrinth syndrome. Due to [the fact] they all had movement issues and relaxation and peace was difficult to find, my instincts turned to the Shibashi. To start with we only worked on the movements seated. This had amazing results three individuals found that the dizziness, sickness and motion feeling eased after Shibashi.I am waiting on follow ups with this as there is a support group for these conditions where there is little medically to help other than very invasive treatment.”
- Dao-yin exercises
- The first 9 Shibashi Qigong exercises
- Reprise of Workshop 1
- The remaining 9 Shibashi Qigong exercises.
- Reprise of Workshops 1 & 2
- Identifying flaws in and correction of posture and stances
- Modifications for Seated Shibashi
- Listening Jing exercises.
- Deeper appreciation of the Dao Yin exercises
- Identifying flaws in and correction of posture and stances
- Modifications that can alter the Primary Meridian Pair for specific exercises
- Listening Jing
- Reprise of seated Shibashi
- Alternative breathing
- Applying Five Elements theory within the Shibashi
- Practical, examination
The Shibashi Qigong Instructor course is suitable for anyone who has already gained experience in Qigong, including: –
- Taiji teachers/practitioners
- Qigong teachers/practitioners
- Reiki teachers/practitioners
- Shiatsu teachers/practitioners
- All Energy Work practitioners
The Shibashi Instructor course instructor, Des Lawton MRSS is a Taiji and Qigong teacher who has been a practicing martial artist for over 35 years. He qualified, in 1997 as a Shiatsu Therapist (becoming a Member of the Register Of the Shiatsu Society) and practitioner of Healing Qigong. Des has been teaching the Taiji Shibashi Qigong since 1989. Through daily practice, and with the in depth knowledge of the meridian system and Five Element Theory that he attained while studying Shiatsu and Healing Qigong, Des has achieved a profound understanding of the Taiji Shibashi.
Next Shibashi Instructor course: –
Dates: Sept 29th & 30th, Oct 27th, Dec 1st & 2nd 2018
Times: 10:00 till 17:00
Location: East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. Map
A deposit of £120.00 is required, with the balance to be paid on or before 25/8/2018.
Bookings made after 25/8/2018 must be paid in full.
Advanced booking is essential.
Guidelines: Can be viewed here
Please fill out our course application form prior to booking as this helps us understand your qigong experience prior to the commencement of the course. On completion, you will be forwarded to our booking page.
For further information on the Shibashi Instructor course, please use the form on the Contact Us page.
Exercising your internal power is akin to refining iron into the purest steel. Then nothing can not be destroyed.